PRIVACY NOTICE for the workforce employed or otherwise engaged to work at a Northern Education Trust.
Privacy Notice - Data Protection Act 1998
The Northern Education Trust are the Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act.
Personal data is held by the academies and central team about those employed or otherwise engaged to work in our academies. This is to assist in the smooth running of the academies and/or enable individuals to be paid. This personal data includes some or all of the following: identifiers such as name and National Insurance Number; characteristics such as ethnic group; employment contract and remuneration details; post "A" level qualifications; and absence information.
The collection of this information will benefit both national and local users by:
- improving the management of school workforce data across the sector;
- enabling a comprehensive picture of the workforce and how it is deployed to be built up;
- informing the development of recruitment and retention policies;
- allowing better financial modeling and planning;
- enabling ethnicity and disability monitoring;
- supporting the work of the School Teacher Review Board and the School Support Staff Negotiating Body.
We are required to pass on some of this data to the Department for Education (DfE)
If you require more information about how the DfE store and use this data please click here.
If you are unable to access this website, please contact the Trust or the DfE as follows:
Northern Education Trust
Public Communications Unit
We will not give information about you to anyone outside the Trust or the DfE without your consent unless the law and our rules allow us to.