Rob Tarn, Chief Executive
Role of the Chief Executive
- Accountability for the academic performance of schools and school improvement
- Accountability for the financial health and probity of the Trust
- Support directly to the Chair of the Trust
- Responsibility for leadership of staff working for the Trust
- Management of quality assurance, pupil outcomes and financial health of the Trust
- Establishment and maintenance of services to the academies
- Promoting the work of the Trust and maintaining good working relationships with Local Authorities, Associate schools and other partners
The Chief Executive is supported by an Executive Board comprising senior officers from across the Trust. Its purpose is to manage generally the business of the Trust within agreed financial limits set by the Trust Board from time to time. Subject to these financial limits, the Executive Board has primary authority for the day to day management of the Trust's operations save for those matters which are reserved to the Trust Board or its committees.
The Executive Board is the overall decision-making body for performance and delivery, under delegated authority from the Board.