Gareth Edmunds, Director of Finance
Gareth has worked for nearly twenty years? in finance within the public, commercial and voluntary sectors. Experienced in successfully leading and developing financial management, financial services, payroll, internal audit, risk management, insurance and ICT. He is CIMA, CIPFA and Prince2 qualified.
Since May 2013 Gareth has led on the Trust's finances and offers support and leadership in a range of other corporate services and governance responsibilities.
Role of Director of Finance
- To ensure the financial strategy fulfills the Charitable Objects of the Northern Education Trust
- To manage the Trust budget effectively and efficiently in conjunction with the senior officers of the Trust
- To lead the Finance Specialists across all the academies
- To be responsible for the preparation of the Trust annual budgets, management accounts and audited annual accounts
- To procure effective external and internal audit services