Jude Telford, Director of Human Resources
Jude has worked in the education sector for nearly 30 years, starting her working life as a trainee in various education departments for Cleveland County Council. After spending 15 years working her way up in the education payroll sector, she then began studying for her professional HR qualification which she gained in 2000. She is a Chartered member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. Jude has significant experience of supporting schools and academies in managing the change process.
She has worked with a range of academies in challenging circumstances supporting the senior leadership team in dealing with complex HR issues and enabling the necessary culture transformation. Jude has built up excellent relationships with senior leaders, Governors and trade unions and is able to articulate sound professional HR advice leading to effective business solutions.
Role of the Director of HR
- To oversee all Trust HR policy and procedures
- To ensure excellent employee relations and play a lead role in the collective bargaining arrangements with unions
- To lead work place employment initiatives/pay issues/employee engagement
- To lead on strategic recruitment to posts within the Trust
- To give advice and guidance on all HR matters including capability, disciplinary, absence, grievances etc
- To support processes of transfer re-structuring, redundancy and redeployment
- To procure the necessary HR related services, e.g. Occupational Health, counselling, employee well-being etc
- To lead and manage HR provision across the Trust