At the Academy level, there are Local Governing Boards or Interim Executive Boards.
The main roles and responsibilities are:
- Help set high standards by planning for the future and setting targets for school improvement
- Maintain and further develop school improvement
- Support the Principal to respond to the needs of parents and the community
- Support and engage with the local community
- Not intervene in the day-to-day management of the school unless there are weaknesses in the school, when it then has a duty to take action.
NGA Governors Magazine
Department for Education
Governors for Schools
Governors for Governors
Terms of Reference (To view the Terms of Reference, visit our Corporate Policies & Procedures page.)
Scheme of Delegation (To view the scheme of delegation, visit our Lists & Registers page.)
Who to Contact
David Brown, Director of Governance, Standards & Safeguarding
Diane Greaves, Governance Officer