Les Walton CBE, Chair
Chris Roberts, Vice Chair
Rob Tarn, Chief Executive
Paul Callaghan CBE DL
June Foster OBE
Mark Sanders OBE
The Trust Board also includes representatives from our Academy network; these currently include:
John Copping, Chair of Governors, Stockton-on-Tees Secondary Board
Jo Nolan, Executive Principal, Kirk Balk Academy & Thomas Hepburn Community Academy
Terms of Reference
To view the Terms of Reference for the Trust Board, visit our Corporate Policies & Procedures page.
The Trust Board's responsibilities are:
- To provide strategic direction for the Trust including the addition of further new Academies.
- To provide strategic vision and support for School Improvement across the trust.
- To monitor the effectiveness of the Trusts support arrangements and to ensure that the Academies are satisfied with the support and that they are getting value for money.
- To appoint and performance manage Academy Principals, Local Governing Boards and Interim Executive Boards.
- To ensure financial accountability to the Department for Education and within the Academies is secure.