Northern Education Trust believes academies should have a large degree of self-governance.
But we also require our academies to commit to the shared values and educational principles that we have learned and developed. We believe this is necessary for success and in order to provide the best possible educational outcomes.
The Trust will therefore expect to retain a small proportion of each academy's funding in order to provide and promote:
- School improvement, including developing monitoring and evaluation, ensuring good and outstanding teaching and learning, and developing and supporting outstanding leadership
- Financial management services
- Human resources expertise
- Estates and premises support
- Legal advice
- ICT/Communications Services