As a Multi-Academy Trust, the Education Funding Agency (EFA) Funding Agreement and Academies Financial Handbook set out clearly the framework that must be followed reflecting the requirements as a company, charity and public body funded by public monies. There is a clear requirement for effective financial governance and management of funds with freedoms offered to manage day-to-day school improvement.
The Central Finance Team is provided centrally to best advise and support Trustees, Governors and Principals (in their role as Local Accounting Officers). Tailored financial management is offered to academies to best support the Trust's values in ensuring, at all times, the welfare of others is the first concern of all and students' education in the academy is of equal value.
Overall the team has:
- Experience within the public, commercial and voluntary sectors. Experienced in successfully leading and developing financial management, financial services, payroll, internal audit, risk management, insurance and ICT.
- Staff are qualified at various levels based on the roles held. Career experience and progression has been supported with professional academic success in CIMA, ACA, ICAEW, CIPFA, Prince2 and Association of Accounting Technicians.
Key Service Features
Key service areas and responsibilities of the Central Finance Team can be summarised into five key areas. The areas of responsibility undertaken by the Central Team are;
- Governance and Financial Oversight
- Financial Planning, Monitoring and Reporting
- Proper and Regular Use of Public Funds (Including Value for Money)
- Internal Control and Scrutiny
- Audit Requirements
The Central Finance Team seeks continuously to review the way it supports academies as the sector is further challenged by the EFA to exercise its educational and financial responsibilities in delivering better student outcomes. With the focus on continuously improving financial management, effective governance and taking the right decisions (based on Trust's values) to maintain financial stability the team is quick to provide targeted support to academies at all levels.
You can contact the Finance department on the following email address: [email protected]