Governors play a crucial role in:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction in the academy
- Holding the Principal to account for the educational performance of the academy and its pupils
- Overseeing the financial performance of the academy and making sure its money is well spent.
We expect governors to be highly ambitious for the academy's pupils and relentless in their pursuit of improving outcomes for children and young people. Individual academies are responsible for improving the quality of governance in their own organisation and NET provides the following services to support and challenge this.
Key Service Features
- Appointment of Chair and support with governor recruitment
- Advisory service, online platform and website support
- Information sharing through a variety of mechanisms including briefings, newsletters, website guidance and NET Board reports
- A termly meeting with NET Chair and senior officers
- A quality standard for clerking
- Training for clerks and governors
- Self-evaluation tools, quality mark accreditation and governance reviews
- Action planning advice and guidance
- Regular updates and guidance on educational developments including Ofsted requirements
- Model policies
Benefits of the Service
This service will assist governors to fulfill their statutory responsibilities. It is an integral part of NET's school improvement function and as such places a strong emphasis on self-evaluation and action planning for improvement. The service provides support and challenge to governors in their improvement journey.
For more information, contact us today.